Friday, April 22, 2011

Less than two months!

As many of you know, I've wanted to join the Peace Corps for a long time. But now that it's actually happening I can scarcely believe that in less than two months I'll be on a plane headed for Africa, with a return ticket set for more than 27 months later. What awaits me while I'm there....well, I won't pretend to know now, that would ruin the fun. I think that the only things I'm certain of are that it will be new and it will be hard. Incidentally, those things are nearly my entire motivation for going as well.

So loved ones, laugh at my mistakes with me as I try to learn Kiswahili. Join me in "awww" moments as I connect with my students. Marvel at the beauty of the country and the richness of the culture. But most importantly, keep in touch. I'll miss you all more than you can know.

1 comment: